Monday 17 May 2010

Best Story - Danish workers and Beer

Having listened a few weeks ago on a podcast (can't remember which one, but do remember it was on Highbury Fields) about the upcoming strike in Denmark by Carlsberg workers, I couldn't help myself, but smile when I read this article in Politiken.de.

Reason 1
They were annoyed that the right to drink beer at work was taken away. What? They had the right to drink beer in the 21st century? How did that happen? Also, I wondered whether or not I was going down the rabbit hole when I was supporting the right to drink beer at work, but there is a broader point going on here about management and imposition within workplaces and that cuts in conditions can't be unilateral when we're talking about livelihoods. Same with BA and the strikes in the UK.

Reason 2
The strike is growing rather than diminishing over time.

Reason 3
Because at some point, the tag line was always going to be: Carlberg: probably the best strike in the world.

Now don't hate me for writing that...